Friday, October 22, 2010

I ♥ birthdays....



This man is my hero.  He is creative, loyal, genuine, fun, forever making me laugh, a great daddy, and he's going where I want to go.  He is my best friend.  Today is his birthday.

So some people who know me, know that I love gifts.  Not so much receiving them, but giving them.  In all kinds of ways and measures, for all kinds of reasons.

I usually think for months in advance about someone's gift, and carefully select it, then take hours wrapping it.



One Christmas, I spent an entire day and night wrapping gifts for my family.  I handmade every bow.

On with the story, hubby's 25 today.

This week, has been a week of COOKING, and getting ready to celebrate.



At his office, birthdays = morning tea for your colleagues = wife cook up a storm = wife deliver at morning tea time = other people eat it.

So, I cooked:

  • ginger crunch

  • lemon syrup cake with butter icing

  • sausage rolls

  • mini pastry pizzas

  • ham, cheese and mayonaise twists


All ready for his work.



Then, tiramisu made. House tidied. Table set. Grape juice chilled.  All ready for an early birthday dinner with his parents.  I COOKED:

  • kumara chips with cinnamon and paprika

  • mini pizzas with mozzarella and pastrami

  • a fresh salad

  • lamb chops


I've never made tiramisu - it was delish... if I must say so myself.

[caption id="attachment_34" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="It may as well been her birthday.... he let her open his presents."][/caption]

Love you honey x

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing wife you are! Sounds like hubby is as lucky to have you as you are to have him!.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers Arna - I feel worn out just reading about all of your cooking and baking! Superwoman!!! Happy Birthday Dave!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, kumara with the cinnamon and paprika combination I will have to try. Happy Birthday Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea it was all delicious!! Especially those chips Jac. I'm SOOOOOO tired tho - after all that then camp!

    ReplyDelete