Saturday, October 29, 2011

So, I'm about to turn 25.

This is something I have pondered over the last few months.

It is kind of a big deal to me.  The last few days I've been a wee bit emotional about this.  I guess I just realise that I may not of made this birthday.

25 seems, well, mature.  Like, I'm now all grown up - even though I am married with 2 kids and a mortgage.  It feels like I finally am "of age".  I turned 21 just after our wedding, so that wasn't a big deal.  The last four years have just kind of sailed past and here I am, my 25th eve.

I sure hope that I make the next 25 years count a lot more than the last have.

So, in light of this significant birthday - I have written some of my "bucket list" -
this was semi easy for me - I just thought, 'if I died this year, what would I regret not doing' - many of the things on the list are those things.  There are others that wouldn't be regrets, but just that I wished I gave them a better go.

I purposely tried to make the list "un-spiritual" if you like.  I am a Christain, it is easy for me to dream up ideas for the future for spiritual things - so I forced myself to dream of some other stuff.

So here we go:

  • own my own home - freehold
  • buy or build my dream home
  • adventure travel to the exotic locations my hubby dreams of - as his travel partner, and do it his way (Thailand, China, Cambodia, Vietnam etc)
  • spend at least a week in a top resort
  • travel to Rarotonga
  • get a professional photography shoot - just us two - a re-shoot of our wedding pics
  • have a full body makeover at an all day spa
  • run my own business
  • work in a job I love, not for the money
  • sing to/with an audience of over 5000 people
  • celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary in style
  • get a really nice diamond ring
  • be someone's birth coach
  • experience a white Christmas
  • learn to rollerblade
  • learn to ski or snowboard
  • visit one of our sponsor children, while they are young
  • lavishly decorate our bedroom
  • bungy jump in Queenstown
  • do a wine trail
  • celebrate thanksgiving and make it a tradition
  • see my kids come to a relationship with Jesus
  • take my children to Disneyland
  • watch the sunrise on New Years Day
  • sleep under the stars with my family
I'm sure the list will grow longer as time goes by, but these are the things that have really stuck.  I'm looking forward to slowly doing them!

4 comments:

  1. I sooo want to go to disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list Arna! A few of them are my dreams too. So grateful for you and your life. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dream big Arna, life gets better with age I reckon :) love you xo

    ReplyDelete