Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ti-GG-er cake....

A certain Princess Adelaide turned 2 last Friday.


My week was manic.  In between hectic schedules - I baked a heap of mini-cupcakes for playcentre on Wednesday, a cake for a coffee group for Friday (jaffa snake cake - orange cake/choc icing and a packet of snake lollies piled on top - easy peasy), and then I had to master the real cake for her party on Saturday (as well as other party foods). 

I also juggled several melt-downs of my own from feeling WAY too overwhelmed.

Here's what came of Mr Tigger....



And this is what he looked like top down....


This was my first real attempt at such a complicated cake - last year she had a butterfly.  I made a guitar cake for my brother's 21st, but this was rather interesting and tricky to make.

I hired  a tin from the local cake tin hire (which is well worth doing).  It came with instructions on which parts to ice first etc - which made it way simpler.  Made a lemon cake - as thought all that icing needed some balancing out!

What I didn't know - was just making the icing and mixing the colours took an hour and a half! 

Icing the cake - well, it took 3 hours.

The lovely lady from the hire shop told me it actually takes her 3 hours to ice one of these sorts of cakes too - so that made me feel a bit better (seeing as she's made a tonne of them).

The party guests were all family members, with the additon of two of our closest friends who are just like her aunty and uncle...


Gotta recommend these - Pam's giant jelly beans!! YUMMO!

We had some of these too....


And these - just for my wee princess who has an obsession with them on each supermarket visit...


I made some other healthy snacks (seeing as several of our guests were dieting).  Once the party started all my stress melted away!!

Miss PA was very spoilt and loves all her new toys etc.  The thing I found the most interesting - was I discovered that she really LOVES cards.  She went straight for them with each present and spent a good deal of time looking at them (just like her mummy).

Happy birthday my beautiful girl.

x

3 comments:

  1. I think you did such an amazing job with the cake! Love it - and so glad the day went well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. W.O.W - your cake is Ammmaaaaazing!!!! I am way impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job hunny :) just like her mummy yay!!

    ReplyDelete