Thursday, January 20, 2011

Can it be done.....?

I've been taking a little bit of time to reminisce 2010 - twenty ten.  You know what? - it was a really challenging and difficult year.  Not just for me, but for a lot of people I know.

Why does it take so long to get over some heartaches you go through?  I still battle with some, on a near daily basis.

Not only was it difficult, but it was AMAZING!  There are so many awesome highlights.  I can officially say that I lost 18kg in 2010, got fit and healthy.  I celebrated my beautiful girls 1st birthday, close friends got married, had babies.  I started dancing....  I achieved my main goals, and now I'm starting to think up new ones.



2011 - twenty eleven.  This year is going to be full of GOODness.  I just feel it inside me. 

God gave me a special scripture at the start of 2010 for me:

"You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance.  The wilderness becomes a lush pasture, and the hillsides blossom with joy.  The meadows are clothed with flocks of sheep, and the valleys are carpeted with grain.  They all shout and sing for joy!"  - ps 65.11-13

That certainly speaks of hard and difficult things, but it also says that out of those things, there will be abundance.  And I can say, that was my experience of 2010.  When we look to Jesus in our difficulties, he takes the ashes, and turns them into beauty.

So, can it be done?  - goals for 20eleven....?

  • try to be a little bit tidier

  • be more encouraging

  • look for God and gold in people

  • draw God and gold out of people


 

  • exercise through my pregnancy (YES! Im pregnant!  due 9 August)

  • try to lose weight while breast-feeding (.......try)

  • have even more of an open home

  • get to know more people

  • improve my guitar playing


 

There are others, but I need to keep these 'public' things manageable ;-)

You know what - YOU are amazing.  You are not an accident - you were born and made for a purpose, you are beautiful and loved beyond measure.  You are part of a Kingdom. 

The more I realise that - the more I think it is ok for us to live as royalty.  Not being "flashy" with posessions etc.  But being you and knowing who you are.

[caption id="attachment_211" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Poppa's little princess....."][/caption]

Happy 2011!  May it be a goodie.

3 comments:

  1. I like the verse. Very encouraging! There you go you have already succeeded in one of your goals for 20eleven ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Arna - that verse is beautiful! Looking forward to this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time i have read your blog, and you strike a chord within me with your thoughts. Am looking forwards to a wonderful year ahead for all, with much excitement! And I will be with you encouraging, supporting and sounding off about losing weight whilst BFeeding!

    ReplyDelete